Sunday, August 19, 2012

Calling the Hogs!!

It's countdown time...

T-minus 2 weeks....WOO PIG SOOIE!!!

We're huge Razorback fans here in this house, Arkansas Razorbacks for those that don't follow college football. Acutally, "Huge" is probably an understatement. We don't miss a game (if possible) and we stand by our Hogs, win or lose. Come NCAA football season, nothing else matters.

Our doormat is an ode to the Razorbacks. "All ye who enter our domain, enter honorary Razorback Country." (<-- I just made that up. Hmm, I think I'll have that made into a sign!)  We have a garden flag (in New York) that tells all, that pass by our house, we pay homage to our beloved Razorbacks. Heck, I even have a Scentsy warmer that has the Razorback logo on it. Lets not even get started on the epic cozy Razorback blanket and the endless number of t-shirts, hats and coffee mugs, fishing lures, and don't forget the license plates and covers on our vehicles. Obsessed? I don't think so! Give me a few weeks and I'll probably finally have my Razorback Garden Gnomes (AHEM..I have a birthday coming up). YAY! OH, and who could forget my personal autographed poster of Darren Mcfadden, #20? Not me...THANKS MOM!!




I consider it a lifestyle and a way to stay connected to our roots here in the U.S. Since we travel so much, and never in the same place for more than a few years, at a time. We definitely need something; other than pickled green tomatoes, catfish and lazy Sunday's on the White River. Since those things are hard to come by these days, the Razorbacks are the only thing that keeps us connected to home. ARKANSAS!

This years season will be kind of somber season. My partner in "crime and cheer" will not be here to watch the first and last half of the season. Thank God for DVR. So, we'll have to resort to virtual high-fives and random text messages to give him the play-by-play. I've done it before and will do it again!

Be ready New York, these Arkansans will be CALLING THE HOGS!! We're starting at #10 in the Coaches and AP Poll, although I, personally, think we should have been ranked higher than South Carolina, at the very least. We will work our way to #1!! Oh yes we will.  USC who?

In the giving mood? I'll gladly take those tickets to ANY game, you're not planning on attending! *HAHAHA*

A Razorback Beetle? Say it ain't so? I MUST HAVE IT!! 

I would totally drive this epic car!

And just in case anyone needs a quick lesson on how to properly call the Hogs..here is your brief tutorial. Watch, learn, repeat!!









No comments:

Post a Comment